Saturday, October 18, 2008

Peeps, Places, and Passions

As I was running back to my apartment near Georgetown from an early morning food market, I was feeling a little selfish... I always do when I feel like I have had some amazing experiences or discovered a place or person that helps me to grow in my knowledge and understanding. So, to help shake my selfishness here is a list of experiences, people, and places that have really shaped my experience here in Washington, DC.

--Going to the Court of Appeals, or the second most powerful court of the land, and meeting with Chief Judge Griffith

--Running along the lit up memorials in the national mall

--Eating pancakes at Eastern Market with friends from the Barlow and DC 2nd

--Learning from my supervisors, Steve Richards and Jozsef Szmaolvi (I’m not sure if I spelt that right—in fact I’m sure I misspelled his name) and people that my supervisors have introduced me to

--Learning about clean energy technology and clean energy programs

--Sitting down with people who are passionate about politics and foreign policy

--Taking running tours of Washington DC

--Interviewing professional lawyers, executives, chairman of different organizations, company executives, and graduate students

--Traveling the Eastern seaboard

--Eating at and enjoying Georgetown

--Having time to plan for post graduation

--Reduced load of homework and assigned reading so that I can work on projects and read books that I choose to read

--The opportunity to meet and talk to new people almost every second of the day

--Starting brand new… new city, new people, new ward, new work place… it’s a beautiful thing to start over again, it has pushed me to lengthen my stride

--Solidifying some of my political views

--Choosing the path of my passions

--Room to breathe and dream again

forgive the short details, but if you're interested in learning more about some of these experiences then please give me a call!

2 comments:

Talai said...

Thank you for sharing Caleb. I live here and I don't feel like I have been able to have those same experiences. I'll get there--evenentually. I'll see you and dinner tomorrow! 5:00 sound good?!

Sharee said...

Wow, you have really experienced a lot is such a short amount of time. Thanks for the shortened version.