Monday, February 23, 2009

Waiting For the Sky to Turn Pink

About a hundred amazing thing happened yesterday, but my Sunday highlight had to be watching the sunset with my little three year-old niece, Sydney. My brother, Jesse, just returned home from his mission so he spoke in church. After church my family got together to spend time together and I think my nieces wore everyone out asking them to come and jump on the tramp with them--it was quite humorous. Towards the end of the evening our family was sitting on the back porch and I asked my little niece Sydney if she wanted to watch the sky turn pink with me. She climbed up into my lap and I told her stories until the sun tucked itself behind the mountains. Unfortunately there wasn't much of a sunset, and there definitely wasn't any pink, but I loved that little moment waiting for the sky to turn pink.

4 comments:

Jami Jackson said...

I'm sure that was a sweet moment for Sydney too. She just loves her uncles!

Aubrey said...

This is the best story ever. I know the feeling you are talking about when you are bonding with a little one like that. Best feeling ever. Those are the moments we were sent to earth for.

Daniel said...

I hear that; my wife and I work in the nursery now and get to experience these pink paintings every Sunday (and for two hours).

On a personal note, the other night I was placing my hand on top of my wife's baby warmer (she's pregnant), feeling my daughter Maria kick in time as I spoke to her (Maria).

For me, it doesn't get much better than that (but I suppose holding her probably will!).

Sharee said...

You are such a cute uncle! Sydney is lucky to have you around.