Sunday, July 12, 2009

Rainy Rodeo

Last night my friends and I created our own rodeo, and as I sat on the fence like the Man from Snowy River watching my buddies herd the sheep I thought to myself, "self, I think I was born to do this." Okay, so I'm putrid at roping sheep, but it was a lot of fun. The highlight came in the evening on a grassy knoll overlooking southern Utah Valley. A cold rainstorm began to soak those who were watching our made-up barrel racing. And as I sat there I thought, maybe I should find shelter underneath something... but the longer I sat there the more drenched I became and the more it oddly felt good. Sometimes we avoid things like a rainstorm, when it may just be the refreshment we need.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Indeed.

But where are the fotitos my good man? I would have accepted even a camera picture.