Wednesday, July 30, 2008

This is dedicated...

...to Veda. She specifically asked me to ride a camel and wear a turban (I am still looking for a turban, apparently they are not as popular as she anticipated).

*My computer is too slow/outdated to be able to attach a picture, so you will have to imagine it... I am wearing a green shirt with khaki slacks and sandals from Jerusalem, I'm also smiling and on a camel*

Tomorrow I will be going to the North Shore (the Mediterranean Sea) with a group of people to examine eyes and schedule eye surgeries, I am really looking forward to this experience and then on Friday I will be going to Alexandria for exams and scheduling surgeries, I'll keep you updated. At some point next week I will be taking a midnight train to Luxor to probably spend the day there, I've heard wonderful things about Luxor.

4 comments:

Doug Jackson said...

Caleb I love your blogs! I am not surprised the Saif's and Hathoot's are taking such good care of you. They are saints in every way. This humanitarian work attracts the best and makes the best of the rest of us!
Enjoy the wonderful world of Egypt -- make good things happen!

Doug

Jared said...

Sounds like you are having fun and making a difference. This world needs more Caleb's in it. I'm just glad that you found a few over in Egypt to help you out. Be good, be safe, be happy... Love ya man!

J-Rod

Caleb Manscill said...

Doug: Thanks for the compliments, I'll make sure I point this to DI as well as my other sites/blogs. Egypt is wonderful as are the Saif's and Hathoot's, I feel blessed to know them.

Raymon said...

I can definitely imagine you on a camel. Where did you ride it? When I went to the pyramids, I was forced to wear a turbin and then told that I needed to pay for it. So, I have a picture of me in a turbin that I had to get rid of really quickly. It probably came complete with lice and scabies. :) Riding a camel was one of my favorite things about Egypt.