Sunday, August 3, 2008

Accounting #1

Well, I have now been here for over a week, and I feel like I need to account for my time:

Since I've been here (including the plane ride here).


  • I have burned through three books (two of them break into my top 50 books) and the third was an important read, but def. not a favorite. I plan on reading my final book slowly (it's the only book I brought that is more pleasure than business
  • I have been asked if I wanted to smoke about 15 times, to drink tea 25 times, and to be married twice... they mostly wanted to marry just so that they could come to America :)
  • I have been extremely sick once
  • I have been mildly sick twice
  • I have been on two visual campaign both based in towns outside of the metropolis of Cairo, the third will be late next week where we will be going out to the dessert to an oasis town, should be interesting.
  • I have been hit by a car probably about 10 times.
  • I have ridden a camel around the pyramids
  • Swam in the Suez Canal
  • Wandered the Cairo museum
  • Collected about 12 business cards from local and government authoritites, doctors, and business men.
  • Made countless friends (and some pending Facebook friends :)

Anyways, it's a short list of some of the many experiences that I have had. I haven't really hi-lighted some of the people that I work closely with, I plan on doing that over the next few days. I hope all is well with my family and friends.

5 comments:

Janelle said...

Sounds like a pretty adventurous week. How long will you be there for?

Talai said...

That is a lot more thn I do in a week. Mine reads more like:

Changed a diaper
Did homework
went to a store
played with Owen
Fed Owen

Happy adventures!!

Tanille said...

Caleb Caleb Caleb. It sounds like you are having the time of your life there. I actually believed that you were going to Egypt to do some kind of work or something mysterious for whatever kind of job you claim you do on the internet...but alas, you are just riding camels and drinking Pepsi having a vacation!! j/k.. I'm sure you are doing something there that will facilitate world peace someday. I'm glad you are blogging so I can keep up with you. I am going to try to start blogging again...we'll see how long that lasts.
Have a lovely day!

Caleb Manscill said...

Janelle: I will be flying home on the 14th of August. It has been wonderful and I hate to go, but I look forward to when I will be able to return here again.

Caleb Manscill said...

Talai: You do more for this world in a day for this world by raising righteous priesthood holder(s). The time you spend raising Owen will bless the lives of millions if not billions of people. Thanks for the happy adventures, I'm glad you follow my blog :). Your support means the world.

Tanille: Ha. My host was pretty adamant that I go to the pyramids, so I went. I would much rather spend my time in a poor village talking (in my case trying to talk)to the impoverished or playing soccer with the little kids, now that's a real vacation. I love it here and I think I could live here, I hope my future wife won't mind.