Friday, August 29, 2008

Top Ten Summer Events

This summer has been a wonderful summer, and for me it's basically over. I begin school (actually an internship) on Tuesday, so I feel like this is a good time for me to publish my top ten events/experiencs of my summer.


10. "Hitching a ride" to Santa Barbara, CA--and spending a week in Portland with Lincoln Haycock's family

9. Working at Gruvie with Ian and Levi

8. Riding a camel around the pyramids

7. Hiking Santa Ana, a volcano in El Salvador

6. Becoming friends with Dr. Sayed Saif, Ahmed Hathoot, and Dr. Yasser Saif in Egypt as well as becoming friends with Daniel Hernandez in El Salvador

5. Seeing Les Miserables in St. George at Tuacahn

4. Running a race with my dad and my brothers Colby and Dallan

3. Spending a week and a half with Talai, Aaron and Owen in Washington DC
My last two days with my family before moving away for four months

2. The last two days I spent with my family before moving

1. Partaking of the sacrament in El Salvador

6 comments:

Jami Jackson said...

I wish I had a list like that! My list would say something like:

1. Had a baby

2. Tried to control my kids

Ha ha! Anyways, I'm glad you are having so much fun there in DC. I'm jealous you get to see Talai. Oh, and I loved your post about Ogden. It's so neat you are getting to know Grandma so well. She really is a great lady.

Annie. said...

Hey! We wet and saw Les Mis too! Wasn't Jean Valjean INCREDIBLE? I bawled through the whole entire thing. What a powerful and moving play.

Blake said...

It sounds like you have had an action packed summer. You learned a lot and I can tell that you are going to do a lot of good for many people. We all knew that you were going to end up doing something like this. It is exciting to see it actually happening right before our faces. Well, I wish you the best. Oh by the way I found cheap tickets to Nashville for you from DC.
http://travel.travelocity.com/aircairline.ctl?sis_city_dep_arp_cd=BWI&sis_city_dep_arp_name=&sis_city_arr_arp_cd=BNA&sis_city_arr_arp_name=&intersti_ind=Y&module=calendar&posted_fare_amt=163.00&last_pgd_page=airgsiscityinterstitial.pgd&SEQ=122014700695469808302008&LANG=EN&Service=TRAVELOCITY&SID=T0068006976401012531270203209003118038&jsessionid=D59BA707BD029C96A64BD77534BC9730.p0759&last_pgd_page=airgsiscityinterstitial.pgd

Blake said...

Oh...I forgot to ask you about your phone situation.

Caleb Manscill said...

Jami: Yeah, I still don't think my list can compare to having a baby though, and I don't know how good I am at controlling kids :)

Annie: No way, we should have coordinated and went and saw it together! Les Mis is one of my favorite stories!

Blake: I'm glad you've jumped on and checked out the blog, it's kind of plain old blog, but it suffices for my purposes. Lets catch up soon.

Talai said...

Seriously? I made your top ten? Were you just being polite? That was fun to read!