Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Thank you President Monson for giving me peace of mind

When one truly seeks answers from sources of truth they seem to always come, in my case I recently posted about the walls that encapsulate the impoverished. After my posting I continued to ponder about the reasons why an entity would hide poverty. As I did my mind was called back to my morning study from the day before. I read President Thomas S. Monson's talk during Priesthood of the last conference and then went back and re-read it. I finally have found peace of mind trhough the words of a latter-day prophet.

President Monson: "As bearers of the priesthood, we hav ebeen placed on earth in troubled times. We live in a complex world with currents of conflict everywhere to be found. Political machinations ruin the stability of nations, despots grasp for power, and segments of society seem forever downtrodden, deprived of opportunity and left with a feeling of failure. We who have been ordained to the priesthood of God can make a difference: When we qualify for the help of the Lord we can build boys, we can mend men, we can accomplish miracles in His holy service. Our opportunities are without limit."

As I read that statement a peace settled upon my mind. Initially I was grateful that one, such as the prophet of the Lord, understood the world as I have been seeing it; and as I dwelt on his thoughts a flood of great thankfulness came when I realized that he is a seer and revelator and that he understands the Lords hand in preparing this Earth for the second coming much more than I do. I am grateful to hold the priesthood, I feel blessed to be known amongst the ranks of honorable men and boys who work their hardest to honor their priesthood. I know that the work I am doing now will bless the lives of thousands if not millions of people, specifically to recieve their sight again, but there is no duty more important than honoring the priesthood that has been bestowed upon me.

No comments: