Sunday, August 24, 2008

Ogden

When I think of Ogden, Utah, I will always think of family. Last Monday I drove up there with a friend to visit my grandma and grandpa as well as the Christensen's. Visiting with my grandparents has become one of my favorite things, they always seem to be in a good mood. As of late I have found it fun to learn something new about them every time I visit with them. Since, I have learned details of their courship. I've learned that Nauvoo, Illinois is my grandma's favorite place to visit. I've learned of some missionary experiences that my grandpa had in the war. I've learned about some of his old friends on the ship that he spent a lot of time on during the war. I learned about my grandma's "boyfriend" before she met grandpa. I've learned about Portage, Utah, where my grandma grew up and I learned about Cache Valley where my grandpa grew up.

Probably my favorite memory came while I was talking to my grandma on the phone one day and I began telling her about a number of April Fools Day jokes that I had pulled--as I told them grandma began laughing and couldn't stop, she laughed so hard that she laughed all of the way from the airport until the point of the mountain, probably a 20 minute drive! Because she was laughing so hard I began laughing... we both probably laughed for about ten minutes straight. To this day I don't think I've ever laughed harder. Building a stronger relationship with my grandma and grandpa has brought me so much joy, I can't say enough good about them--my heart is full of gratitude every time I think of them.

I also visited the Christensen's, my grandma's daughter--Shauna's family. My uncle Dave, Shauna's husband, was just sustained and ordained to be the new Stake President. It was fun to visit with Shauna and Dave about their experience in receiving the calling. Dave will do a wonderful job, it would be so fun to be a fly on the wall and watch him lead. I also was able to visit with my cuz Amy (Amy, this is your shoutout), I am very impressed with her strength and sense of humor. I feel lucky to call her a friend.

1 comment:

janica said...

wahoo! i found you. ok well i stalked yu on facebook and followed the link. Now i can stay in touch with yur life better :) MISS YOU CALEB